Friday, November 16, 2007

Yet again, the professors shine through!!

I am taking a one credit hour class entitled Cancer and the Arts. It has been a great class. Last night was our last night. I was going to stay after class and talk to the professor - Jon Moody - about possibly picking up an ethics minor. I heard him ask a few other students to stay after. When everyone left I saw that it was our four international students he asked to say. He asked each one if they had somewhere to go for Thanksgiving. He didn't let them off the hook with just a yes answer. He went through the whole, "are you sure?" "Where are you going?" set of questions. He said he has extra room at his dinner table and he wanted to make sure everyone had somewhere to go. I thought that was one of the sweetest things. Oh, and did I mention that he also went home before class to bake us delicious brownies?? Well, he did.

No comments: